darknessfalls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And with the blood and violence thats when Darkness Falls

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FAQ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dangereuse
Princess of Demons
Princess of Demons
Dangereuse

Humor : Sick and Perverted

Character Profile
Sexuality: I'll Try Anything Once
Mate: Monogomy is so 1910

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: FAQ   FAQ I_icon_minitimeFri 15 Jun 2012, 7:48 pm

--What kind of website is Darkness Falls?
--I created my Username without realizing it would be my characters name, Can I change it?
--Someone on the board keeps bothering my character, how do I make them stop?
--I don't like the story line some of the other characters have created, can you make them change it?
--I have a great idea for another character, am I able to have two at once?
--I'm going to be away for a while due to personal reasons, will my account be deleted for inactivity?
--Can I put my account on hold if I plan to be away for a while?
--Can I become a Moderator?
--What do I need to do to become one?
--Can I start my own thread on the board?
--There's a house in my species section but I don't like it, can I make my own?
--There's a general Group for my species but the character I have is a specific breed, can I make my own Group for them?
--The Groups you have don't really cover the character I have created, what should I do?
--My Group Leader is never on/doesn't help when I ask, what can be done?
--
I don't feel that my Group Leader is fit for the job, can I take over?
--I have an urgent matter that needs to be handled immediately, how soon do you respond?

What kind of website is Darkness Falls?

We are a Supernatural/Fantasy Role Playing Forum. You create your own characters and interact with others in this make believe world we have created.
I created my Username without realizing it would be my characters name, Can I change it?
Administration will change a name for you, once. Send one of the Admin or Mod's a message and we will update the name for you.
Someone on the board keeps bothering my character, how do I make them stop?
If another member is interacting with your character and you do not wish for them to continue try to ask them first. Some members may not realize you no longer wish to continue the conversation you've created. Private Message(PM) them to notify them you would like to cease the story line. If they persist notify the Admin or Mod's immediately so we can resolve the issue.
I don't like the story line some of the other characters have created, can you make them change it?
Unfortunately because this board is so open to creativity and freedom of speech there are bound to be things people don't agree on. If someone is violating one of the rules by writing cyber sex, using vulgar racial words or even criticizing you personally instead of your character then contact the Admin or Mod's. However, we cannot tell another player how to make their character or their story. If you do not like the way a member has developed their story then simply don't interact with it.
I have a great idea for another character, am I able to have two at once?
Playing two characters can be tiresome, time consuming and an all around challenge. If you think you have the time to devote to two people every day or every other day then try it. If you do not have time enough in your life to post as one character though please do not try for a second. We like for all the characters to interact frequently. It can hinder another members story line if they have to wait days for a response from your character.
I'm going to be away for a while due to personal reasons, will my account be deleted for inactivity?
We never delete an account unless it has been dormant for more than six months without any notification from the owner. If we notice an account has not been signed into(You don't need to post, a sign in once every week or so lets us know you're checking in and still interested) for more than six months we will email you. If within two weeks from that time you do not respond we will remove the account.
Can I put my account on hold if I plan to be away for a while?
If you know you are going to be away on vacation we can either freeze the account or make note not to check for activity. So long as you notify us we will not touch your account for the time you have given us.

Can I become a Moderator?
Currently we have all the Administration and Moderation we need. The amount of active players in relation to the amount of supervision is quite well covered. If in the future our numbers do grow and we find we need additional support a Moderator will be chosen based off of their loyalty to the site and their interaction.
What do I need to do to become one?
If ever you would want to become a Moderator you would need to keep it in mind from the minute you start here. A Moderator needs to check in with the site at least once a day for a few hours at a time.They also need to be able to properly edit the site if they notice a problem as well as defuse a situation or rectify an issue while remaining neutral. When recruiting a new Moderator we would look for these specific qualities and know exactly who in our family possesses them.
Can I start my own thread on the board?
Certain areas are what we would like to consider 'clutter free'. They do not have multiple threads to cut back on the confusion a new member might encounter when first starting here. In areas such as this one, Event Center or even Reality creating a new thread is more than welcome. Within Darkened Falls and the Business District we ask that you simply notify the Admin or Mods before creating one.
There's a house in my species section but I don't like it, can I make my own?
Most of the Group Leaders have spent a lot of time creating welcoming homes for everyone. Some have created solitary homes that do not encompass everyone. It is best for you to inquire with your Group Leader if it would be possible to create a Group home for the rest of your species.
***Keep in mind we do not allow separate homes for every character. Group Leaders can have their individual home and an additional group home for all members under their care.

There's a general Group for my species but the character I have is a specific breed, can I make my own Group for them?
Because we allow such open creativity for all characters there is bound to be different sub-species or types of each creature. To create a group or section for each sub-species would in turn create a huge amount of clutter. While it may not seem fair we do prefer to keep everything classified in as few groups as possible. Demons can cover a wide array of species but we would still prefer for you to stick in that section.
The Groups you have don't really cover the character I have created, what should I do?
If you find that your character doesn't fit well in any of the Groups then contact the Admin or Mod's. We will discuss whether or not it would be helpful to add on an additional section.
My Group Leader is never on/doesn't help when I ask, what can be done?
If you believe that your Group Leader is not helping you or has not replied to a PM you sent regarding an issue, notify us immediately. The purpose of a Group Leader is to help you when the Administrators are not around to do so. For one reason or another they may have a personal issue that is detaining them in their day to day life and that is the reason they have not responded. If you feel as though your Group Leader has not been on then notify us so we can check to see if this is true or if they are just not posting at the time.
I don't feel that my Group Leader is fit for the job, can I take over?
All of the Group Leaders have either been given their jobs or because at the time they requested it. This means they have seniority on the board. Most of the Group Leaders are current Moderators on the board, this means they are fit for the position not only for their dedication to the board, but for their abilities all around. If you have a legitimate reason to question your Group Leaders position then PM the Administrator with your complaint and they will investigate the matter further.
I have an urgent matter that needs to be handled immediately, how soon do you respond?
For most of the Administration and Moderators all PM's come into our email and we reply to them within 3-4 hours. All of us have jobs, families, and hectic lives so we are not always able to respond as quickly as we would like, if only for a lack of a computer close by. I will most often respond to a message within 10-15 minutes, others are not as easily accessible and may take longer to respond. To get an immediate response it is always best to notify the Moderator who is on at that moment and time. If one is not on then PM me and either myself or one of the other Moderators will be on to help.
Back to top Go down

FAQ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
darknessfalls :: Frequently Asked Questions-
Jump to: